Today's activities: Drama!
1. Students brainstormed lists of different emotions
2. The class warmed up their faces by expressing emotions using only facial expressions - no bodies or words
3. In pairs, students played Mirror, alternating leader and follower until an outside observer couldn't tell who was playing which role
4. Emotion masks: students went through all the steps of looking for the mask, finding it, making contact, manipulation, and release.
5. (Extra time) Pantomime actions: either the Magic Stick game or everyday actions.
Pantomime is a dramatic form in which the actor uses only her/his face and body to communicate.
On Monday, we will use our dramatic skills to tell short pantomime stories.