Each group ran through their play on their own, then performed for the class and took feedback. Things to watch out for:
- turning backs to the audience
- speaking too fast or too slow (pace)
- speaking unclearly (diction)
- speaking too loud or too soft (projection/volume)
- standing in front of other actors so they can't be seen (levels/sightlines)
- expression and characterization
I am so impressed with how well these groups are working together. Many students are putting in extra effort to make these plays as good as they can be.
Homework: work on memorizing lines
Next week: Let's be off book by Wednesday. We can do it! Once everyone is off book, we'll finish our masks.